My Beauty & Skincare Loves for February 2016

03:56:00

I just thought I'd do a quick post on a few beauty and skincare products I am loving right now since I have sort of abandoned this blog for a while due to my major lack of energy. So, lets go!

My new favourite discovery is the bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser. I don't even know how I came across it, I was just browsing feelunique during their boxing day sales and thought I might try it out. It is 100x times so much better than any basic make up wipe and I notice it takes off all of my make-up with a few pumps and a good facial wash and it leaves my skin feeling super smooth and cleansed. I would 100% recommend this facial cleanser, although I haven't tried any others to base my judgement on, this one has hundreds of 5* reviews. The bottle is huge (see below) so you get lots of product and it's definitely well worth the money.


Another major love of mine is the Yes To Tomatoes range. I first discovered it when I was sat watching one of Gabby's favourite videos. A holy grail product of mine is the Daily Repair Treatment which I usually apply on a morning or at night. The specific tomatoes range is based at combination skin which I would say I have as I have partially dry skin but lately I'm suffering with an oily t-zone, especially on my forehead which is becoming a nightmare. It's supposed to help clear up blemishes and I've found since using this my skin just feels nicer and the spots I do get tend clear up quicker. I also recently purchased the Daily Pore Scrub to use as a facial exfoliator and to keep my face clean and clear. It uses a blend of Ginger Root and Bisabolol to help reduce redness of the skin which is another problem that I face with my pale and pasty skin.


Note, the Yes To range isn't just limited to tomatoes. There's Carrots - for normal to dry skin, Blueberries - for fine lines and wrinkles, Cucumbers - for sensitive skin, Grapefruit - for uneven skin tone and Coconut - to hydrate and restore dry skin. You can also find the range in larger Boots stores if you want to see them for yourself.


Going back to when I went on a feelunique boxing day sale splurge, I thought I'd find out what the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream hype is all about and picked up some for myself. I've tried using it on my face as it can be used as a skin moisturiser and I'm fairly happy with the results that I've seen because it leaves my face feeling super soft. I've been using it on my lips too as I know many people suggest to use it that way, because I particularly suffer with god damned chapped lips all year round! I've started to use it as a replacement for my MAC Lip Conditioner and I'm not sure yet which one I prefer!



On to beauty and there is one product that I cannot preach for enough. One of my favourite people on earth right now might just be Anastasia Soare, the founder of Anastasia Beverly Hills! I cannot get enough of the Dip Brow Pomade in the shade dark brown. It is my ultimate go to eyebrow product to create amazing thick brows and it's super easy to apply to your brows. I recently had HD brows and I use my dip brow to fill in any gaps and to strengthen my arch. You have to be careful with the amount of product you use in order to get the right colour, you don't want too much on your brush otherwise the colour will be too dark and it will look like you have drawn your eyebrows on with crayon, but you learn the best way the product works for you as you use it. I use a Tosphop slanted brush (which weirdly is no longer available on their website?) but you can use any slanted brush like this one. I cannot recommend the whole range enough, I want to try so many more Anastasia Beverly Hills products!




Another little love of mine is my Sleek Face Form contour palette. I originally picked it up from Superdrug for £9.99 when I didn't know much about contouring and highlighting and I just wanted a basic product that I could try out as a beginner. I use it as part of my everyday make-up that I wear for work and I LOVE the highlighter in this palette it leaves a gorgeous glow on your cheeks and it's super affordable and is better than some of the more expensive highlighters out there. The contour shade is really pretty when properly blended too. I don't really use the blush shade as it's too red and I don't think it suits my skin tone so I stick to my Benefit Dandelion blush instead.



Sorry for the poor quality iPhone photos that took me 2 seconds to take and if you can see any obvious chips in my nails (I tried to skilfully hide them!). All products in this post are linked if you want to check them out for yourself :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments