Summer Bedroom Decor Ideas & Night Time Sleep Essentials

14:39:00

Recently, I've been watching way too many YouTubers like Gabby Lindley, Zoe Sugg & Niomi Smart and I've become a bit of a homeware geek - despite the fact that I live with my parents and the only room I can freely play around with is my own bedroom! So, I thought I'd inspire you with some Summer bedroom decor ideas and essentials to keep you fresh and cool in the summer heat. After all, you don't want to be cooped up in a dark and dreary room when the sun is shining through your window.

My top tip is to keep your room cool and lightweight, from your whole colour scheme to your bedding and other decorative bits and pieces. Calm coastal colours like these whites and light turquoise shades will keep your bedroom stylish but give the relaxed and beachy vibe that will leave you waking up in the morning wanting to hit the beach.
According to a Travelodge study people with blue bedrooms tend to get the best rest and wake up feeling happy and positive too!


The last thing you want is to jump into bed at night covered in heavy, hot and sweaty bedding. A nice light set of cool and crisp sheets are key to help you get a dreamy nights summer sleep. I recently stumbled upon Parachute, a bedding company, who deliver premium quality bedding at an accessible price so that you can get luxury in the comfort of your own home! One of my favourite sets is their Venice Set in Percale, it looks super soft and comforting and is just the perfect simple bedding set to keep your bedroom looking chic. For decor, add a cute little succulent plant to give your room an Instagram worthy aesthetic! Oh, and for every Venice set purchased, Parachute will donate a life-saving malaria net to Nothing But Nets!



There's nothing worse than the being too cold with the covers off situation and being to hot with them on, so on those particularly hot summer nights (which I don't get a lot of since the sun in England right now is pretty non existent) I will always keep my window open to keep the room nice and airy, then if I'm still too hot I'll pop my bedside fan on.

To add to the relaxing aura you want to create in your room, a quick spritz of the Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang room fragrance creates the perfect calming scent. If you didn't know, ylang-ylang is a tree valued for it's aromatic qualities and it's thought to calm the heart and nerves!

If you want to go all out on your decor and need a bit more inspiration, Pinterest is always a good place to start)! If you want to follow me you can, here.

 


To wind down at night time, it's always a good idea to snuggle up in bed and watch a bit of Netflix. Gossip Girl will forever and always be my favourite series, obviously not just because of Ed Westwicks charm and dreamy face. I actually got hooked on it last Summer and ever since I finished it in Winter last year I've missed it every day. Is that sad?

No night time routine is complete without a beauty essential, for me it's the 'Say Yes to Tomatoes Daily Repair Treatment' for combination skin. I occasionally pop it on before bed, after a shower, or sometimes in the morning and it leaves my skin feeling as soft as a baby's bum and doesn't bring me up in millions of spots like some other products do!

Finally, it wouldn't right if I didn't include a night time read. I have to admit, I'm not a huge book fan and I'm more of an autobiography girl. The last book I read was Tanya Burrs 'Love Tanya', filled with little snippets of her childhood, her love story, beauty tips and yummy treats. Although, one book I'm wanting to purchase is The Mindfulness Journal, which is full of little exercises that can make your day easier - perfect for me seeing as I'm becoming a little bit of a stress head lately!

I hope you enjoyed reading this post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments